10 Facts About Angel
1. Angels are dignified beings that Allaah created out of light. Angels never
disobey Allaah, and do not tire from continuously glorifying Him.
“The Angels were created from light…” [Muslim]
“They (i.e. the Angels) glorify His Praises night and day, (and) they never
slacken (to do so).” (Qur’an, 21:20)
2. Angels never sin; whoever disbelieves in the Angels is a disbeliever.
“They (the Angels) do that which they are commanded.” (Qur’an, 66:6)
“Whosoever is an enemy to Allaah and His Angels and His Messengers, to
Jibreel (Gabriel) and Mikaeel (Michael), then verily, Allaah is an enemy to
the disbelievers.” (Qur’an, 2:98)
3. Angels have their own attributes (including wings) and sizes, but can appear in
the shape of men as did Jibreel (the Angel Gabriel) who brought revelation to the
“All Praise belongs to Allaah, the Maker of the Heavens and the Earth,
Who employs the Angels as messengers, with two, three or four wings.”
4. The Angels pray for the Believers, witness their pious deeds and give support
and protection to them.
“When your Lord revealed to the Angels, ‘I am with you, so give support
to those who believe’…” (Qur’an, 8:12)
“.. and the Angels glorify the praises of their Lord and ask forgiveness for
those (Believers) on Earth.” (Qur’an, 42:5)
5. The Angels curse disbelievers and send destruction to disbelieving nations by
“Verily those who disbelieve, and die while they are disbelievers, it is
they upon whom is the Curse of Allaah and of the Angels and of Mankind
combined.” (Qur’an, 2:161)
6. Some Angels are assigned to blow life into the foetuses in the womb and write
down important things about their future.
“The creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother’s womb for
forty days as a seed, then as a clot for as long, then as a lump (of flesh) for as
long. Allaah then sends an angel who is commanded to blow the soul into him
and write down four things: his sustenance, life-span, deeds, and whether he will
be miserable or happy.” [Agreed upon]
7. Two Angels are assigned to every person to record his/her lifes’ entire deeds.
“When the two recording Angels record the deeds of Man, one sitting on
the right and the other on the left..” (Qur’an, 50:17)
8. Some Angels are assigned to question the dead in their graves and some to
remove their souls.
“And He is the Supreme over His slaves, and He sends guardians to
watch over you, until when death comes to any one of you, Our
messengers (Angels) take his soul, and they never fall short of their
duty.” (Qur’an, 6:16)
9. Some Angels are assigned to control the rains, vegetation and provisions by
“And by those Angels who arrange to do the Commands of their Lord.”
“And those who distribute (provisions of rain and other blessings) by
(Allaah’s) Command.” (Qur’an, 51:4)
10. Some Angels are assigned to carry out tasks in Heaven and others in Hell.
“And the Trumpet will be blown..” (Qur’an, 39:68)
“And eight Angels will, that Day, bear the Throne of your Lord above
them.” (Qur’an, 69:17)
“And they (inhabitants of Hell) will cry: “O Maalik (i.e. the Angel supervising
Hell)! Let your Lord make an end to us.” He will say: “(Nay!) Verily, you
shall abide (herein) forever.” (Qur’an, 43:77)